Answering every call is critical to the success of your business. The problem – most small business owners don’t have the time. While hiring additional staff to answer calls is an option, it can be expensive, it requires training, and hiring someone quickly is difficult. If you’re missing calls because you don’t have the time or the staff to handle them, then a small business call center can help.
Although online communication and other emerging technologies have become important for customer service, offering telephone support is still essential. In fact, the telephone customer service continues to be the most common and preferred form of communication between customers and businesses today.
Answering services, specifically those based in the US, offer an excellent way for your small business to provide telephone support to your clients without trying to keep up with calls on your own. But what should you expect from a call center service-wise when you choose one for your small business?
Take a closer look at a few of the common (and often mistaken) expectations surrounding call centers, as well as information on what outsourcing your business calls may actually be like:
Common Expectations vs. How Small Business Call Centers Really Work
Many small businesses consider hiring a call center for their small business, but they go into their search with certain expectations – that are often myths. Here are just a few examples:
Call Centers Are Too Expensive for My Small Business
Small businesses often acknowledge the benefits of hiring an answering service, but they believe that it’s too expensive. The truth – working with a call center is an affordable solution that’s much cheaper than hiring full-time staff to answer the phones for you. Many services will only charge for the time spent on the phone with your customers, so you’re only paying when you use the service. And remember, consumers purchase from small businesses that offer excellent customer service, so you can’t afford to let calls go unanswered.
My Sales Won’t Budge to Compensate for the Extra Spend
Maybe you think that hiring a good answering service will help you answer calls, but it won’t help you boost sales. You’re wrong. A call center offers a bridge between you and your customers, ensuring that your customers get quick service when they call in – which can, in turn, boost sales for your company.
There May Be Language Barriers If I Hire a Call Center
Some small business owners worry that language barriers will be a problem when they hire a call center. You may have heard of customers complaining about companies that outsource their customer service overseas, which leaves callers with difficulty understanding the representative when they call in. This is why it’s so essential to hire US answering services that offer agents that speak English fluently. If you serve customers that speak other languages, you may also want to consider a service that provides bilingual agents who can overcome languages barriers to ensure your callers get the best possible service.
The Reality: What You Should Really Expect from Small Business US Answering Services
So, now that we’ve debunked some of the most common myths surrounding call centers for small businesses, what should you really expect?
- 24-Hour, Fast Customer Service – You never want your customers to have to stay on hold or deal with a voicemail. When you work with a good call center, your business will be able to offer 24-hour, fast customer service and message taking to ensure your callers always speak to a live person when they need help.
- English Proficiency – Nothing is as frustrating to upset callers than speaking to someone who isn’t proficient in their language. In fact, this can be problematic enough to cost you a customer. When you work with Customer Contact Services, you can be sure that all of our operators are proficient in English and will provide callers with the best possible experience.
- Email Response and Live Chat – Beyond answering the phones, your small business may require fast email response services, live chat assistance, or other virtual services that help your business grow. We offer these services as well to ensure you’re covered no matter how your clients are contacting your small business.
- Lead Capture Services – Every small business wants to grow, and the only way to do that is to keep current customers happy and bring in new customers. If you’re not doing a great job at answering calls to your business, you’re missing out on a lot of leads. An answering service can ensure that you’re answering every call and capturing more leads, so you’re able to continue growing your business.
- Customized Solutions – At Customer Contact Services, you’ll get a customized solution that fits the specific needs of your small business. We understand that every small business is different, and a one-size-fits-all package doesn’t ensure you get the services you want and need. When you work with us, we’ll develop a solution that’s built to fit your business, helping you improve customer service and retention while saving money.
Customer Contact Services: The Best Small Business Call Center
At Customer Contact Services, our small business call center offers a personalized level of care that you won’t find anywhere else. We work to get to know every small business client, developing solutions that fit your needs while helping you grow your business. When you need 24-7-365 service for your client, we’re here to help.
When you work with USA answering services like CCS, you can ensure your clients get the best customer service without negatively affecting your bottom line. Customer Contact Services can provide you with the expertise, technology, and professional staff you need to deliver that high-quality service, and you’ll be free to do what you do best — focus on running your small business. To learn more about our small business call center solutions, or to discuss how you can get started with a customized package, contact Customer Contact Services today.